Huntington’s Victoria collects and handles personal information about individuals as part of its business operations and management of employees. In undertaking these activities HV handles personal information in relation to potential, current and former employees, volunteers, contractors, supporters and donors. Such information may include an individual’s name, address, and date of birth, gender, occupation details, health information, salary, tax file number and any other required information. HV usually collects this information directly from the individual.
Huntington’s Victoria will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.