Huntington’s Victoria’s specialist Client Support Services team connects those impacted by Huntington’s disease (HD) with services and support, including support for families and carers. Addtionally, we engage with the community via a variety of channels to make sure our services are developed in partnership. Huntington's Victoria works with individuals of all ages. We aim to provide the highest quality and safe service that we can by listening and working with our clients to make sure that they get the help and assistance that is available and right for them, read more about our service commitment to you.
We have a telephone based information service that runs from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. You can also send us a message or get in touch with us through our Facebook page. This is a confidential service which provides the following:
- Relevant information in relation to HD, including research
- Appropriate resources and services to meet current needs
- Support to navigate the community & health service sectors
- Point of referral to direct you to an appropriate support/services (including our case management program)
- A website which provides an alternate method of accessing information, including links to external sources of information
- Emotional support as members of the HD community deal with the impact of HD
- Information on our services and community events
A person-centered program where the individual identifies concerns that they require assistance with and are assigned a case manager until these concerns are resolved. You can access this service as many times as you need. Those eligible for this program include those diagnosed with HD, at risk of HD, gene positive, gene negative and carers.
Some examples of issues that our case managers have helped resolve include:
- Financial issues and seeking government funding
- Securing stabilised housing
- Connecting clients with services such as HD specialists and specialist allied health services and attending appointments where necessary
To refer an individual to our case management program, download and complete the HV Services Referral Form
We believe that meaningful community engagement enriches our organisation and our community. Community engagement at HV enables us to provide services that are developed, implemented and evaluated in partnership with the community.
The HV Community Engagement Program focuses on capacity building, advocacy and awareness building through the following:
- Community Events, including rural and regional Road Shows
- HD Peer Support Groups
- Opportunities for input into safety and quality improvements and
- the Community Volunteer Program
- Info sheet 4 - HV Services
- to speak to the Intake Officer, please call (03) 9818 6333