National Disability Insurance Scheme
While this is an exciting time full of opportunity, it can still be daunting for many people. Fortunately, you don’t have to do this alone - Huntington’s Victoria is here to help.
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS is a nationwide disability service system that provides funding support to people with a disability. The scheme was launched in 2014 with an expected full rollout in 2018. The scheme has been designed to give people with a disability greater choice and control over the support they receive, providing eligible individuals with funding based on their personal needs, lifelong goals and aspirations.
Who is Eligible?
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is the operational body of the NDIS and determines who is eligible to take part in the scheme.
You may be eligible for the NDIS if you:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- are under 65 years old (when you first use the scheme)
- have a permanent or lifelong disability or condition that stops you from doing everyday things yourself.
How can we support you?
Huntington's Victoria can support you with the following:
- Help you understand the NDIS and how it works
- Find out if you’re eligible or when NDIS is being rolled out in your area
Goal Setting Meeting
- Assist you in identifying your goals/aspirations and whether they are within the funding scope of the NDIS
- Help you complete the application process with NDIS
Post-Acceptance of NDIS Package
Meeting with NDIA
- We can support you during your meeting with the NDIA .
- Help you identify the services that meet your individual needs
- Coordinate your chosen service providers and support and organise the manner and timing of supports required
- Support you at crisis point
- Implement and monitor your NDIS plan or re-develop your goals prior to a plan review
Education and Training
- Provide education and training to those service providers who are essential to meeting your care needs
Why choose us?
We understand NDIS. Huntington’s Victoria has been a key provider in the trial site from the very start and has an understanding of how the system works to best meet your needs.
You only get the best. We provide specialist support and services to individuals and families. We provide access to qualified staff that assists in the navigation of the overall service sector. HV is committed to providing an evidence-based model of care that maximises clinical governance and theoretical principles in the facilitation of individual choice and quality outcomes in the delivery of services to clients and their families.
You are in control. Our clients are the drivers of the process we recognise and value their right to make their own choices in how to best meet their needs.
For further information or to set up an appointment, please get in touch with us on (03) 9818 6333 or send us a message.