Since February 2008, Huntington's Victoria has had an active Community Advisory Committee (CAC). The CAC aims to:
- provide direction and leadership to increase community and consumer involvement at Huntington's Victoria
- advocate to the General Manager and Board on behalf of the community
- participate at all levels of service planning and delivery.
Who is the Community Advisory Committee?
There are currently five members of the CAC. Members come from a variety of backgrounds, with their common link being a connection with Huntington's Disease. The Committee is supported by a resource officer from Huntington's Victoria.
Meetings are held every two months at the Huntington's Victoria offices. Minutes of meetings are provided to the Board.
What has the CAC achieved in 2008?
Since first meeting in February 2008, the CAC, and its members have:
- developed a work plan for the Board, which outlines their priorities and objectives for the year
- participated in the development of the new Huntington's Victoria website, strategic plan, complaints procedure
- contributed to submissions into Parliamentary Inquiries into Better Support for Carers, and Supported Accommodation and to the Young People in Nursing Homes conference
- one member made a presentation to the Parliamentary Inquiry into Better Support for Carers.
Tell the CAC
The CAC is interested in hearing the views of members, both positive and negative. Community feedback about your experiences helps Huntington's Victoria to identify service gaps and areas we can improve. We encourage you to express your views or make suggestions. Contact us and tell the CAC.
More information about community involvement at Huntington's Victoria
For more information on the CAC or community involvement at Huntington's Victoria, please contact us at
or phone: 03 9818 6333 or our toll free (for rural callers) 1800 063 501.
For further information about community and community participation in health
The following sites contain further information about community and consumer participation.